The M300 delivers customers a 3-in-1 device that provides a rich PC experience to 3 users simultaneously at 1/3rd the cost, using 1/3rd the power and 1/3rd the networking ports compared to PCs and other thin clients. Customers can now deploy more computing per budget dollar, spend less on power and facility upgrades, and manage with fewer IT resources. Available immediately worldwide, the M300 is targeted at local workgroups from 3 to 45 users in environments like classrooms, labs, libraries, shared office workspaces, business centers and call centers.
The M300 3-in-1 thin-client is a breakthrough driven by advancements in 3 separate areas:
- In Silicon: The 2nd-generation NumoTM 2 System-on-Chip (SoC) delivers the performance and rich user experience like having 3 PCs on a single chip. Within a single chip, the Numo 2 delivers three dedicated graphics, video, and user subsystems across common infrastructure like memory, I/O, and power. This multi-tenant architecture dramatically offloads processing from the server and minimizes the infrastructure and power needed to deliver high performance computing.
- In Device Architecture: The M300 thin-client device leverages the Numo 2 SoC to support 3 independent users across a single Ethernet port using a single power plug. The M300 provides full HD-video and high-resolution graphics capabilities, allowing a rich PC experience in most every work setting.
- In Software: The vSpace Server software supports up to 45 concurrent M300 desktop sessions on a single consumer-class host PC. With an extensive set of management tools, IT managers can deploy and maintain a Microsoft Windows or Linux-based environment in a fraction of the time compared to other solutions.
Selected features of the M300 kit include:
- 3-in-1 client kit for desktop virtualization using a single LAN port and a single power plug
- Second generation NumoTM 2 SoC (System-on-Chip) provides PC-quality HD video streaming without excessive host-side processing
- Connection over Ethernet for flexibility and performance
- PC level performance for desktop applications
- Seamless HD video performance (up to 720p) and multimedia experience on standard Windows or Linux environments, including YouTube and other web multimedia content
- USB 2.0 port for peripheral support and two USB ports for mouse and keyboard
- Microphone and audio-out to support interactive communications and recording
- Energy-efficient (typically 2 watts per user), compact, and reliable (no fans or disks)
- Powerful vSpaceTM Server 6.6 desktop virtualization software is included
- Up to 45 M300-based users per host massively lowers management and overall computing costs
- Unique Windows User Accounts for 3 to 45 M300 client devices o Easy to set up, maintain, manage and secure
- Remote management software included