Enable Kiosk Mode for vSpace 6
To enable Kiosk Mode on NComputing device to launch directly into a specific application in Windows. This feature is available but requires a registry edit to function in Windows 7.
This registry edit is outlined in detail below:
- From the host computer, click the Start button and type the following into the “Search Programs and Files” field without the quotation marks: “regedit“
- From the Registry Editor window, navigate as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Terminal Server
- Right-click on the “Terminal Server” category and select “New -> DWORD Value“
- Name the new DWORD Value “HonorLegacySettings” (without the quotation marks)
- Right-click on the “HonorLegacySettings” value and select “Modify“
- Enter the following Hexadecimal value: 1
Close the Registry Editor to complete this process and reboot your host. From your L-series and M-series devices, you may now enter the folder path for an application to be launched on startup in place of the standard Windows Desktop.