Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection provides an antimalware and security solution for the Microsoft platform.
When System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection is used with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, it provides a comprehensive enterprise management solution that lets you do the following:
- Centrally deploy and configure the Endpoint Protection client.
- Configure default and custom antimalware policies that apply to groups of computers.
- Create and deploy Windows Firewall settings to groups of computers.
- Use Configuration Manager software updates to automatically download the latest antimalware definition files to keep client computers up-to-date.
- Control who manages the antimalware policies and Windows Firewall settings by using the Endpoint Protection Manager security role.
- Use email notifications to alert you when computers report that malware is installed.
- View summary and detailed information from the Configuration Manager console and reports.