Installation of Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2
Installation of Windows Server 2012 Windows Server 2012 comes into 2 different editions (Datacenter, Standard for more info Click Here) on MSDN/TechNet installation DVD. The evaluation DVD can be downloaded via the TechNet Evaluation Center. You can burn this .ISP file using for example ImgBurn. After burning the DVD follow the installation steps below.
- Boot up your Windows Server 2012 DVD. After you see the screen below, choose the appropriate settings and click Next.
- At the next screen just click the Install now button.
- Select the version of Windows Server 2012 that says Full Installation. Don’t select one of the Server Core Installation’s, because then you won’t have a GUI
- If you agree to the license terms, check I accept the license terms and click Next.
- We will use the Custom (advanced) in this manual which allows us to install a clean Windows Server 2012. The Upgrade option can be used to upgrade from Windows Server 2012.
- Select the harddisk and partition where you want to install Windows Server 2012 and click Next.
- Now Windows Server 2012 setup will install the selected version to your harddrive.
- After the installation has finished you will be asked to enter a password for the built-in Administrator account. You MUST type in a strong password with at least one capital letter and one number, for example P4ssword (capital P/number four), otherwise you will get an error message saying that your password does not meet the password complexity requirements. You can disable this strong password enforcement later. Click Finish to apply the new password.
- The installation will now apply the settings whereafter the Windows Server 2012 lock screen shows up. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del key combination and enter your password.
- In the Server Manager click Manage in the upper right, choose Server Manager Properties and check Do not show me this console at logon to not show the Server Manager at start-up. You can access the Server Manager later via the the shortcut in your pinned items bar or Start screen.
Continue to the installation of the Device Drivers…